What do I need?
In order to upload using FTP you'll need a COPRA XML. That way the server can assign the uploaded clips to the correct Project / Task / Reel.
You can create a COPRA XML by either using Pomfort Silverstack Lab, Assimilate SCRATCH, Colorfront OnSet-Dailies & Express Dailies - or by converting any ALE (for example from Avid or Resolve), using our converter utility.
- login to the COPRA web interface
- under USER SETUP, filter or search for your user account (or any other account that you want to grant FTP access to)
- in the user settings, activate the "Dropbox" field and hit UPDATE
- open the FTP client of your choice and enter the following details:
User: your COPRA user name
Password: your COPRA password
- once logged in you'll see an empty folder
- upload your clips
- once a valid COPRX XML is uploaded into this folder, the COPRA server moves the referenced clips into the Project / Task / Reel declared in the XML
That way you can upload clips in small chunks during the shooting day - and trigger the move into your project and user notifications once you're finished.